CemLS# 34027
Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Janesville
Available
Location:
Section: Saint Anthony
Lot: Monuments allowed
Grave: Traditional Burial, Cremation Burial
Description: 
This is the most secluded section of Mount Olivet cemetery, surrounded by trees on three sides.

About Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Janesville
Mount Olivet Cemetery was established in the mid-nineteenth century in Janesville. The cemetery is located on the west side of the Rock River on North Washington Street, not far from downtown Janesville, and serves the parishes of St. William, St. John Vianney, St. Patrick, and Nativity of Mary.

Mount Olivet is located on over 40 acres of rolling hills with beautiful vistas of the surrounding area. The Cemetery also contains the “Little Chapel”, built at the turn of the 19th century. This diminutive brick chapel was built in the Romanesque Revival and Gothic Revival styles. Within the Little Chapel is the crypt of Father George Strickner, who died on December 20, 1901. Father Strickner was born in Bavaria and immigrated to America in 1856. He became known as a pioneer priest, traveling on horseback throughout Southern Wisconsin ministering to the Catholic families throughout the area. Fr. Strickner is credited with building the first chapel at Holy Hill, a Catholic landmark located forty miles northwest of Milwaukee and today the site of a Carmelite Monastery. The Little Chapel underwent an extensive renovation and restoration in 2007.

Mount Olivet Cemetery offers traditional in-ground burials, a mausoleum, lawn crypts, and a columbarium for cremation urns.

Contact Us

Mt. Olivet Cemetery, Janesville
1827 N. Washington St.
Janesville, Wisconsin, US 53547

Phone: (608) 754-3472

6 + 3 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

©2020 CemLS. All rights reserved. Submit Feedback